Terms & Conditions
- Confirmation of Booking
The products and services reflected in the provisional booking will only be secured on our receipt of signed invoice, hire terms and condition form and the 50% deposit. The quotation will be valid for 7 days from date of issue thereof. All changes thereafter are to be made in writing only. Provisional bookings will be released without notification, should the client fail to make payment of the deposit and/or fail to provide us with the necessary documentation as contemplated above, within the said 7 day period.
2.1 A 50% deposit is required within 7 days of receipt of the provisional booking, to be deposited into the following account:
VERY IMPORTANT: Please quote invoice number as reference
Account Name: Hout Huis
Bank: First National Bank
Account Type: Cheque account
Account Number: 62785687511
Universal Branch: 250655
2.2 An additional refundable breakage deposit will be added to the invoice and is payable with the balance. This is fully/partly refundable within 10 days after the collection/return of all hire items. In the event of any damages/losses occurring this deposit will be utilised as set out in point 3 below.
2.3 The balance is payable 24 hours prior to collection or delivery of the hire items, in failing to do so, we are entitled to cancel the function and charge a 100% cancellation fee, for which the client will be billed.
Please Note: No cheques or cash deposits are accepted. Only EFT. Regret we do not have any credit card facilities.
- Goods on Hire
All hire items, including but not limited to furniture, décor and accessories, are and will at all times remain the property of HoutHuis Event Hire.
All hire items will be at the client’s sole risk from the date and time of delivery/collection until the safe return/collection thereof.
The client hereby accepts full responsibility for any loss, shortage and/or damage, which may occur, notwithstanding the cause thereof.
In the event of any such loss, shortage, damages and/or breakages occurring, the replacement (as per replacement per unit) or repair value, as well as all costs incurred by us in replacing or repairing damage of any nature, will be subtracted from the refundable breakage deposit or billed for should it exceed the deposit amount.
- Insurance HoutHuis Event Hire will not maintain insurance on any hire items for the period from collection/delivery of such items up until collection/return thereof.
It is the sole responsibility of the client to insure for any losses, shortages or damages, as all hire items will be at the client’s sole risk for this period.
- Collection – Return and Deliveries
- Normal delivery times are between 8:30am and 4:30pm from Monday to Friday. Weekend and after hours deliveries & collections can be arranged but an after-hours surcharge will be added.
- All hire items must be checked and inspected by the client upon delivery/collection thereof and the client must immediately inform us of any fault/damage or shortage. No refunds will be issued for a fault/damage or shortage reported after the function date.
- Upon return of all hire items, such items are subject to inspection for any damages, shortages or losses thereto.
- Upon verification that such items have been returned in the same condition as issued to the client, the refundable breakage deposit will be repaid within 10 working days.
- All items must be returned in the protection covers, wrapping, bags, boxes or crates they were issued in.
- Please ensure that all items are cleaned, packed and ready for collection as per collection date and time. Clearing of any items by HoutHuis Event Hire’s staff on collection date will subject the client to additional charges.
- The client must collect and return the goods on the stipulated dates stated on the Provisional booking.
- Items must be collected on the “Delivery/Collection date” by 12:00.
- Items must be returned on the “Return/Collection date” by 12:00.
- If the client does not return the entire order by 12:00 on the specified “Return Date”, a reasonable penalty fee will be deducted from the refundable deposit which will depend on the specific circumstances of the hire and could result in the deduction of the entire refundable deposit should the circumstances of the hire reasonably allow for same. The client also agrees to pay the full daily hire fee for the first additional day, and the full daily charge for each day thereafter until such time as all of the goods are returned
6. Rental Period
All hire items are only guaranteed for the date of the function. Whilst we will try and accommodate special requests for early collections/deliveries, these dates are subject to change and alteration and we hereby specifically reserve the right to effect such changes or alterations as needs be.
The Rental Period is stated on the Provisional Booking/Invoice
Any additional period will be charged at the rates of the price list, until the equipment is returned by the client or collected by HoutHuis Event Hire.
The cancellation of a booking or the cancellation of part of a booking must be effected in writing and received by us. The following cancellation charges will be levied:
30+ days prior to the function date: 25%
30 – 16 days prior to the function date: 50%
15 or less days prior to the function date: 100%
Handle furniture with care. Always transport Balinese Parasols and Handmade Macrames in coverings or wrapping.
Delivery fee does not include setting up or placing of furniture – we will deliver and drop off at one location and pick up again from one location.
No furniture can be used on any wet surface or in any area that will allow for water damage. All items to be stored in a safe and dry place before and after the event.
9. Force Majeure
In the event of any delay in performance by either party due to any cause arising from or attributable to acts, events, non-happenings, omissions, accidents or Acts of God beyond the reasonable control of the party to perform, the party so delayed or prevented shall be under no liability for loss or injury suffered by the other party thereby.
If any particular provision and/or term of this Agreement is found to be defective or unenforceable or is cancelled for any reason (whether by any competent Court or otherwise) then the remaining provisions and/or terms shall continue to be of full force and effect. Each provision and/or term of this Agreement shall accordingly be construed as entirely separate and separately enforceable in the widest sense from the other provisions and/or terms.
11. Whole Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof. No Agreements, guarantees or representations, whether verbal or in writing, have been concluded, issued or made upon which any party is relying in concluding this Agreement, save to the extent set out herein.
No variation of, or addition to or agreed cancellation of this Agreement shall be of any force or effect unless it is reduced to writing and signed by the parties.
No relaxation, indulgence or extension of time granted to the client shall be construed as a waiver of the rights of HoutHuis Event Hire, in terms hereof, nor shall it stop us from enforcing strict and punctual compliance with the terms of this Agreement.